View Single Post
Old
01-17-2013, 10:06 PM
hbk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Advocate View Post
I like how Maloney subtly does some advertising for Rundblad during the interview. Indicates to me they don'twant to use Gormley to acquire offensive help, but would rather use Rundblad. Hopefully, the additional exposure resulting from the phone call from Lombardi...catches the ear of another organization and they fall for Rundblad's enticing offensive tools.
We all know that Rundblad was acquired because he was the best asset being offered for Turris. I think there is some truth that the plan was all along to give him the development time and then flip him for something that better suites this franchise. I strongly maintain that you can't fit both Yandle and Rundblad on this roster for a prolonged period.

Gormely is similar to OEL in terms of strength of overall game (all 3 zones). Tippett and co. have a greater affinity for players that can play under any circumstances and let's face it Tippett likes mistake free hockey. Gormely is a player who learns quickly. He's never gotten a lot of love on the main boards but Gormely is legitimately a Top 5 D prospect in the entire NHL. He ranked as #2 last year behind Hamilton and I would argue that he bypassed Hamilton after the strength of his Memorial Cup last spring (should have been the MVP of the tournament).

hbk is offline   Reply With Quote