View Single Post
Old
01-17-2013, 10:26 PM
JawandaPuck
Lost Art of Dynasty

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
From the Wild, I think Palmieri may get claimed. Playing very well in Houston this year and has the frame and skating to make a team think he could play on their 4th line.

If the Wild can make it work contract number wise, I think Brian Strait from the Pens makes a ton of sense both in terms of having multiple injuries on defense currently and system similarities given that Yeo and a few from this staff may have a decent read on him.

These series of tweets indicate that the Isles still have an open roster spot up front and IMO will likely make Nick Palmieri their final waiver wire selection tomorrow before the 23-man roster deadline:
7h Arthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday
Islanders send Ryan Strome, Griffin Reinhart back to juniors for seasoning http://*******/Sa5aYm

11h Arthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday
#Isles roster now at 24 heading into cutdown day on Fri., with 2 inj. Best guess is that Ryan Strome, G. Reinhart headed back to JRs soon.

11h Arthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday
#Isles claim C Keith Aucoin off waivers from the Leafs.

15h Arthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday
Also, I'd expect #Isles to keep mining the waiver wire, perhaps for an extra forward. Only have 13 healthy now, including R. Strome.