View Single Post
Old
01-17-2013, 11:36 PM
hockeyfan2k11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjac View Post
I don't think anyone actually wants Subban gone. They would have to be crazy to think that, he is our best defenseman.

With that said though, I don't think any one player should be privelidged over the rest, except if they are a franchise player. As of right now, Subban is not. He is a #1 Defenseman and might have the potential to be alot better, but he isn't good enough at this point to be the exception to the rule. Give him a year or two and maybe he becomes the exception. That is all MB is saying because in that scenario PK would cash in big.

You complain that the Habs need to get their office in order. Well taking this stance with the franchise salary structure is a good start. They ARE NOT going to lose him over this negotiation unless its by their own choice. I state above that that would be a stupid decision and have faith that MB wouldn't do that.
How is he privileged over the rest of the players? He's negotiating a contract. He doesn't have one right now. You can't pay Prust that type of money and then take a stand with the salary structure when it comes to your blue chip #1 dman, I'm sorry. He's the #1 dman on the team and has been so for 2 years. Why should he take a stupid 2 year bridge contract? He's far ahead of both Price and Patches when they signed those contracts. Not even in the same ball park.