View Single Post
Old
01-18-2013, 01:49 AM
Blueshirt Believer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcatNYR View Post
I think Gaborik might be an outsider in this setup. Richards and Del Zotto will move the puck from side-to-side, looking for Nash. Then somebody will shoot and hope Callahan or Nash deflects it in.

Or in the best scenario there's a lot of movement down low and in the end Gaborik ends up switching places with Nash and (Gabs) will shoot a mean wrist shot from the top of the circle.

But if last year (or any other post-Jagr & Nylander year) is any indication then they'll all just stand there, move the puck around and after 40 seconds of passing, Del Zotto will shoot a wrist shot from the point, close his eys and hope it doesn't get blocked so that Callahan can hack it in from the doorstep.
Well Del Z doesn't do much point shooting in that set up. He does essentially three things in that set up:

a)Hold the puck in; usually sending it low to Gabs.

b)Look for Richards or Nash

c)sneak in from the far left side driving towards the net, with Nash setting him up, cross ice.

Del Z is mainly deception or support.

I agree though, I'm very curious as to how Gabs fits in. Seems his spot would be better suited for Kreider or Hagelin. Course, as you pointed out, could be a ton of option switching between Nash/Gabs.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote