View Single Post
Old
01-18-2013, 12:53 AM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheddabombs View Post
Hello Sens fans, I just have a quick question regarding Gonchar. I know there have been some recent injuries on the Sens back-end so I was wondering whether this would affect Gonchar's use on the PP; will he get top line PP minutes? I know it may be hard not to include bias but try as hard as you can, not only this year but going forward would you rather have Gonchar or Faulk in a fantasy league? (Scoring is G,P, +/-, PIM, SOG, PPP, and SHP)

Thanks in advance!
He was probably getting the 2nd most PP minutes of any Sens blueline even before the injuries. Neither Cowen nor Lundin are offensive dynamos.

The only question I'd have is whether Gonchar will be on the 1st PP unit with Karlsson, or whether Maclean opts to put a forward on the blueline (for instance: Alfie has lots of experience manning the blueline with the man advantage). Odds are Gonchar plays with Karl on the 1st unit.

Anyways, long story short: Gonch will have the 2nd most PP minutes of any Sens d-man.

What's the first unit PP blueline looking like in Carolina rght now... Pitkanen-Corvo? I think Faulk is on the 2nd unit. I'd probably take Gonchar if you were in a 1-year pool, but I'd easily go with Faulk in a keeper league. I don't even have to think about it.

BonkTastic is online now   Reply With Quote