Thread: Speculation: Ken Holland less than confident
View Single Post
Old
01-18-2013, 04:31 AM
HTT3*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedWheel1987 View Post
Parity is an excuse by Holland to promote his do nothing approach. Everybody else being mediocre doesnt mean it's OK for your team to be mediocre too. Of course this attitude is completely wrong, and will result in another 1st round exit or no playoffs at all.

If Dean Lombardi used the Ken Holland GM playbook, the Kings would have not won the cup.

Unfortunately the Kings winning the cup allows GM's like Holland to preach to the uninformed fans that the Wings are legit contenders. Once you actually analyze the Kings situation for two seconds, you realize that the Kings winning the cup was a four year build up that culminated in one final trade that gave the Kings a complete team and not a matter of just getting in and getting hot.

Insanity is doing the same thing over again and expecting a different result.
Dustin Brown = 13th overall
Anze Kopitar = 11th overall
Drew Doughty = 2nd overall

Looks to me like the Kings tanked for many years to be in the rare situation they are in. If Holland tanked for a decade for those picks, would you be happier?

If Holland's insanity = 3 Stanley cups and multiple SCF appearances, then I accept his "insanity". I'm sure Dean Lombardi wishes he could be that "insane" to have portfolio like that. Speaking of 'portfolio' how many times has Dean Lombardi been fired?

HTT3* is offline   Reply With Quote