View Single Post
Old
01-18-2013, 05:47 AM
Jacob582

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanInLA View Post
Let's imagine that everyone is healthy and able to play (based on the 26 man training camp roster as of 1:39am PSD). One of the three guys not staying or playing for the Sabres, it appears to me, is Cody McCormick.

He was awesome two years ago, I loved him. I was at the game where they gave him Unsung Hero or some similar award and felt he deserved it.

But let's be honest: He sucked last year. Yes he got his bell rung and his finger was messed up so he couldn't fight, but he also stopped hitting. Anyone else notice that? He hit dudes in 2010-11, hard. Not last year, even before the big Tanner Glass concussion.

He also went from a point every 4 games, to a point every 12.

If he's not able to fight cuz of his finger (and not even one of the top 2 fighters on the team with Scott and Foligno in town) and he's nothing special defensively and he's not chipping in offensively and he's not drawing penalties, he's redundant.

You want toughness against the Bruins? 36, 24, 9, 6, 82, and 32 seems like enough, and except for Scott, those guys all fill multiple roles, and I think Lindy and Darcy know it.

Barring injuries (which there certainly will be and this will be a moot point) or a trade, I wouldn't be at all surprised if McCormick never plays another game for the Buffalo Sabres.
I agree.
If we go above 23 with Gerbe and McCormick coming off IR, I thinks that McCormick or maybe Ellis is the first to get waived.

I do think that injuries to others will quickly dwindle any logjam.

Even if McCormick plays for Rochester, I can see him getting called up as a replacement.