View Single Post
Old
01-18-2013, 07:28 AM
onebighockeyfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
It is funny to me how you pump up Kaberle but down Subban. Do you still miss Pierre?
It was just ridiculous to bring up Kaberle as an argument in the first place because he does look in good shape this year and played well last night. We have some real bozos on here.

PK is still better though and I hope Bergevin can sign him to a contract compatible with the future success of the team that fits within the cap constraints of the next couple of years which are very tight. This is why I'm fed up of all the posts about giving PK "what he wants". For example, if the Habs want to keep Galchenyuk up for the year, the current cap space would only allow paying PK about 4 mill a year or something like that. PK and his agent have to realize that Bergevin must consider such cap issues in his offers. If PK really want to be a Habs for life he can certainly come up with some form of agreement, even if this means signing for two years at less money now and more/longer later. If PK will not budge from the 6 year / 6 million deal he is apparently after he'll have to suck it up and wait for an offer sheet. There's no way Bergevin changes his long term plan only to accomodate Subban's arguably somewhat early superstar demands.