Thread: Line Combos: 2012-2013 Possible Line Combos
View Single Post
Old
01-18-2013, 08:12 AM
Roadman
Moving On

vCash: 500
Why get so hung up on 1st,2nd,3rd line designations? As has been proposed many times, they really need to be viewed as 3 second lines. The real key is how they are used. If you are having a tough time viewing it like that then move the Johansen line up one. Now it's Brass, Johanson, Anisimov. Does that make you fell better? Dorsett's now on the third line.

As has been put forth by smarter than I, Dubinsky, Anisimov, Dorsett are probably going to match up against the opposition's top line. With Dorset on the hard forecheck who knows how many pucks he can pop loose for the other two to charge the net with? RJ, Joey and Cam will never be a great defensive line but will probably hold their own, and on the flip side if they draw the classic third checking line match up, that would leave Vinny, Johansen and Foligno with what should be an advantageous match up, might surprise everyone and could end up the top point line.

I know it runs contrary to HF mindset but we might want to actually see it play out, and then draw conclusions.

Sorry, lost my mind there for a second.

Roadman is offline   Reply With Quote