View Single Post
Old
01-18-2013, 08:37 AM
BlackNgold 84
Known Kellyist

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharaTriedToEatMe View Post
I feel bad for fans who used to go to multiple games a year for 20 bucks and now see tickets cost 200. That stinks. I remember the feeling when Sox fever hit of knowing I wasn't going to be able to go to 1 single game that year due to price when I'd have gone to about 10 if they didn't get stupid popular circa 04-06.

2 quick tips.

1- Try and go to playoff games AFTER losses. These are always the cheapest playoff games even into later rounds (maybe not finals.) Also have the best fans since the prices usually dip and more hardcore people decide to go. All the best playoff atmosphere's are actually when we lost the prior game. And since there is less time between games in the playoffs you might see a big dip if we lose.

2- If you need to spend as little as possible I'd buy the 50 dollar tickets now. You can't go too wrong the cheapest Sts are 35 I think so its not a huge markup. And those are actually the best games its not basketball where you have to see the Bobcats. Ottawa is cheap and the only good team in our division and Carolina is usually cheap too and those games always have tons of fights.
It does suck but that is what happens when the team gets good. I bought season in 08-09.. i think it was 19 bucks a game back then. I don't know what year some other people bought season tickets. But i'd have to say that was damn good timing on me and my friends part. We obviously didn't see them going on a tear that year. I don't think we'll see those prices for another 5-10 years at least.