View Single Post
Old
01-18-2013, 08:50 AM
tsujimoto74

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingpig View Post
Its an interesting situation as he is a "franchise guy" draft pick, but one who was taken where the Sabres always pick, and franchise guys are not usually found. I see the reason for the excitement, as he has high potential, was sort of a steal, is a new toy and a feww other 18 year olds have been making their way as of late. He has added to the excitement because he cannot go to Rochester, had another great year in Juniors and the tournament, making the anticipation even a bit higher. If this were a regular year and he could go to Rochester, I do not doubt that is where he would go and the anticipation would not be the same at all.

Excitement and expectations are two different things and my expectations are not too high even if he makes the big club. I do think he can add something without being a dominant player as it does create three scoring lines and he can cut his teeth a bit on the powerplay.
We could end up striking gold twice at 12th overall with Grigs and Myers. If both of them pan out, we'll have something great to build around (6'8" franchise D and 6'3" legitimate #1C? Yes please.)

Very excited to see what Grigorenko does this year with Buffalo if he gets a shot.

tsujimoto74 is online now   Reply With Quote