Old
01-18-2013, 09:59 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Do you want to have to re-sign this guy when he's entering his prime? Or would you rather have him signed at 4.5M or 5M DURING his prime?
I'm presuming it's impossible to have him signed at 4.5M or 5M DURING his prime, though.

But that's why I have the $50M/8yr $5-5-6-6-7-7-7-7M deal on the table, basically. I'm acknowledging my belief that he'll be worth the moon, essentially, in his prime, and willing to put that in writing. And have a slight premium on his cap hit in the meantime. Basically, it's the bridge deal already at $5M for two years, plus an extension for 6 more years that ought to look pretty generous from here, but actually, if he ends up being as good as I expect, will only be "fair" for what he does at the time. Maybe even a little bit of a bargain near the end if inflation is strong.

For me, he could have that, or... just the $5-5M 2-year deal now. I don't see why he wouldn't take the 8-years instead though, since term and security should be of value there.

Of course, obviously the Habs are offering numbers a lot lower than mine. Obviously? Well, they must be... I would be rather shocked and disappointed if PK's camp wants something bigger than what my offers would be.