View Single Post
Old
01-18-2013, 09:22 AM
ThePatientPanther
Fix the PP!!

vCash: 50
Thanks for the Welcome!

Ya thats my bad, i was forgetting he still has the RFA status for 2 years, i didnt hear if that got changed with the new CBA? Is it 5 years or 7years to get UFA status now? I posted later that $4million is high for Markstrom. The salary cap being lowered next year was also forgot on my part.

I just question if they dont offer him a longer term contract, he may feel Tallon isnt SOLD on his abilities. He's going to be 23yrs old end of January, i feel he needs to get at least 8-10 games in this season to really analyze if he can handle the jump from AHL to NHL.

If we do sign him only 2 years and for whatever reason he doesnt pan out, that Luongo trade maybe didnt seem so silly in the long run. I want Markstrom to be our FRANCHISE guy and ive heard the last 2 weeks hes really starting to blossom but with Theodore possibly leaving next year, we are left with Clemmensen who is considered a career back up and a "potential" #1 goalie.

I guess in the end the rest of Markstrom's year will prove what he's worth but ya youre probably right, $1.5mill is fair but i would give him $2-2.5 if needed to keep him especially if its only 2 years.

I heard on TSN, Florida and 3-4 other teams are interested in Redden and he could get a 1yr-$1million contract. Thoughts on where Redden would fit into our lineup?

ThePatientPanther is online now   Reply With Quote