View Single Post
Old
01-18-2013, 10:52 AM
blinkman360
Vasilevskiy v2.0

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester9881 View Post
Some kids develop faster than others. Look at Gabriel Landeskog, he was a man amongst boys when he was drafted.... a kid that was both mentally and physically mature when his name was called.

Travis Hamonic was ready when he was called up. Nino, Bailey were not. Strome is doing fine things in the OHL, but he's not ready.... not physically and not mentally. Griff has some work to do as well.

I'm on the fence with Nino and even Nelson.... but why rush anyone right now? To appease a few fans? To maybe finish 8th in a shortened season?

Sorry, it doesn't make sense.... not when looking at the long term.
Well I guess that's where our opinions differ. I want this team to win this year. When Frans Nielsen is your 2nd line center, you need some scoring coming from your 3rd line. By just handing that spot to Casey Cizikas when you have guys like Strome, Nelson and even Sundstrom in the system is a joke, IMO.

I don't mind these guys getting the cautious treatment. My problem is with the Islanders, that if they knew this was the route they wanted to take with these guys: why not bring in some kind of one year stopgap/s? Throwing guys like Cizikas and McDonald and even Boyes into these important roles just makes it look like they want at least one more top-pick before they start trying to compete.