Thread: John Scott
View Single Post
Old
01-18-2013, 10:01 AM
joshjull

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralonzo View Post
I'm completely getting those socks and slippers and hitting the early bird dinner special at 4pm. Those things are teeming with widowed GILFs.

Rw: Scott. If the problem is teams running your guys an you need an enforcer, why not get the very best? Still undefeated in the NHL per that site.

He brings something this team sorely has lacked since the heyday of May-Ray.
That he does

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/blogpost.htm?id=12928

Quote:
Head coach Lindy Ruff is well aware of the importance of a guy like Scott in the Buffalo lineup, comparing him to Sabres heavyweights of the past like Larry Playfair and Rob Ray.

“We all know what John is gonna bring. He’s a real character. He’s been great in the room; he’s been great on the bench. He knows what he’s here for, and he can add the toughness that at times may be needed.”
Quote:
“When you have younger players, it’s an opportunity to provide some cover for them in some tough physical buildings a lot of times,” explains Ruff. “In our case we have some younger players. It should help Marcus Foligno; it should help Pat Kaleta, and it could make Steve Ott an even tougher guy to play against because he’s got some cover behind him.”
Quote:
“Everyone looks at me to kind of be the protector; the aggressive guy to help out teammates when called upon. They know I’ve got a mentality where I like to do that. I take pride in protecting my teammates, going out there and finishing something if someone is being a pest on the other team.

“I’m not going to be a second or third line guy; I know my role. I’m a fourth line guy. I don’t want to be a liability out there. I want to protect the team, keep the other team honest and play physical. Get in their zone; spend some time in their end, that’s about it.”

joshjull is offline   Reply With Quote