Old
01-18-2013, 10:03 AM
cjbhab*
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitano View Post
Yes, absolutely.

It's not uncommon and not un-like reality if you think about it. In a regular job people get pay increases every year, simply being at a company for 30 years means you should be making quite a bit, even if you don't get huge increases, it adds up. And younger employees that are far better at what you do don't get as much. They are within their right to find a new job, totally. But in the NHL you are owned by your team until you're 27 years old (unless you enter the league at 18 and that becomes 25). That is the leverage the habs have. When RFAs go to arbitration they are not allowed to look at money given to UFAs...similar principle at play here...not exactly the same but similar.

I'm not saying that it's right, but that's the way it works, and if the habs haven't signed him yet then it's for a particular reason of some sort and PK has little leverage in this game. Now of course if the crowd chants for PK and the team nose-dives then will be the true test of MB's will and philosophy and how much he is willing to shift it...

Completely agree.. I'm tripling the next employees production at my work and because i'm a 24 year old punk.. I don't make as much as them.