View Single Post
Old
01-18-2013, 10:15 AM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
It's hard to imagine that a 22 year old Turris scores on pace of about 50 points in a year where he isn't even familiar with his linemates or even physically fit and you think his potential is already achieved or just 10 more points. Think about it.
Will he ever have a linemate as good as Alfredsson though? Even last year, Alfie was terrific.

22 years old isn't that far off the usual offensive peak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'JESUS' Joe-Corvo View Post
If you're saying a guy can hit 60 points, then he's more than capable of putting up 70. Anyone who's played hockey knows that your point totals can be dependent on luck and other circumstances. Points come and go.

Spezza might get in his way of ever accomplishing it, but Turris easily has the potential to eclipse 60-70 points one day.
You're projecting 60-70.

I'm projecting 50-60. I'm saying in those good, lucky years, he'll get 60ish points. In the ''bad'', unlucky years he'll get 50ish.

Maybe a broader more likely range is 45-65 points. If Turris ever gets more than 65, EVER, I'll be really surprised. If he gets 66, I'll be surprised.

Pleasantly of course, I just don't see the tools that some other first line centres have.

Also, to whoever said 40 points this year... come on. The guy wasn't even a point a game in the Finnish league. I know it's not the be all end all, but still