View Single Post
Old
01-18-2013, 10:50 AM
neksys

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by octopi View Post
Picked out a new stick today, $21 a Reebok 2 K crosby(I decided on less of a curve). The guy at the shop said you won't notice the difference between the cheapo ones and super expensive ones unless you are a really elite player(which I am not)
I am not an elite player, but I DEFINITELY notice a difference between a $21 stick and a $100 stick. Even the difference between a $50 and $100 stick is black and white. Cheap sticks are heavy, have weird balance, vibrate (sometimes painfully!), twist, and will just generally get in between you and your skill development. If your wrist shots are wobbling you want to know it is your technique and not the stick.

That said, I cannot tell a significant difference at my level between a $100 stick and a $200+ stick.

I don't think there's hard and fast rule on this stuff, but even as a beginner I would be looking in the $100 range (or better yet, sticks that retail for that but are on sale/clearance). For me and a lot of people I play with, that is the sweet spot between affordability, durability, and quality.

neksys is offline   Reply With Quote