View Single Post
Old
01-18-2013, 10:57 AM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Seems to me that salaries goes with what players have been proven for a certain amount of time. 2nd contract isn't what Bergevin considers as "a lot of time".

If DD has another while Pleks isn't producing that much....should DD get automatically more than 5 M$/year? I guess not 'cause even if he does, there will still be question marks. There's still some wondering about his defensive play and the fact that he might not AS complete. Well, while we all know where it's going, Subban hasn,t been a consistency model. While Markov prior to the injuries proved he was. Some with Gorges who plays an awesome role in a really deficient defensive squad over the years. I personnally do believe that 3,9 M$ for Gorges is way too much but who gave that contract? Add the fact that the cap goes at 64 next year, why the heck would the Subban camp not see that, go with shorter now and then, ask for the world in 2 years when the cap won't be at 64 and when he will have proven his real worth.
If DD puts up a similar season that he had last year, or even surpasses it? Then absolutely yes

At least if he has an agent that's worth anything