Thread: Easton Mako 2
View Single Post
Old
01-18-2013, 11:08 AM
neksys

vCash: 500
This is a bit off-topic, but I have always thought the industry could use a standard naming convention for sticks. I use an Easton stick, not because I especially like Easton, but because I don't have the patience to pore over stick charts to find the most similar curve in another brand. These companies should make it easier for us to switch to them - not harder!

It would be as simple as assigning a name or letter to the key curve features (lie, curve, face, toe, length).

The PM9 might be called the "5BX1M".

Lie 5, curve B (that's arbitrary, but could be the code for mid-heel), X for open, 1 for round (0 for flat), M for medium length. At a glance I know exactly what I am getting.

Same goes for the PM92 - we might call it the "6DX1M" (6 lie, mid-toe "D", open face "X", round toe "1", med length "M") and see very quickly the similarities and differences.

If I generally like the PM92 but want a longer blade and a mid-heel curve instead of a mid-toe, I don't need to be searching the internet, I can look at a P91A (let's call it the "6BY1L") and know right away that it is close what I am looking for.

Anyways, I'll get off my soapbox.

neksys is offline   Reply With Quote