: Pre-Game Talk:
Training Camp '13 (Starts Sunday 1/13)
View Single Post
01-18-2013, 12:17 PM
Join Date: Mar 2011
Here's to an Great Season...
In an attempt to limit the stresses, frustrations, and arguments that occur over the course of a season, maybe we can all come to terms that not everything is going to go the way we want it to. By doing so, hopefully we can have a healthier board.
Most likely, all or some of these things are going to happen:
- Lundqvist will let in a softie.
- The PP will go 0-6 in a game.
- A puck will go off a Ranger's defenseman's skate and into the net.
- Kreider will go through some rough stretches.
- The Rangers will blow a 3rd period lead.
- An important contributor will get hurt.
- A referee will blow a call that goes against the Rangers.
I could go on, but I think you get the idea.
But at the same time, these occurrences will even out, too.
- The Rangers will score a goal that goes off an opponent's skate.
- The Rangers will come from behind to win a game.
- Lundqvist will steal a game.
- McDonagh will catch up to an opponent on a breakaway.
- The Rangers will benefit from a blown call.
The Rangers won't go 48-0. They will lose game that they deserve to win and win games they deserver to lose. When something goes poorly, hopefully we can all realize that it's not because Player X sucks or Referee Y is out to get the Rangers. These things just happen.
I can't wait for the start of the season tomorrow. Hopefully it will be an enjoyable season and everyone can remain calm and level headed instead of making knee-jerk reactions.
Have a great day!
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Colby