View Single Post
Old
06-20-2006, 12:59 PM
mcphee

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz
Savard and Demers were fired 5 games into the '95-'96 season.

coaching stats for Demers...

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p....php3?pid=8201

Anyways, I like the hiring of Muller, but I am not willing to hail him as a savoir, and I will hold off all calling it a genius move until I see some actual results. Mario Tremblay was a great hab who didn't like slackers, and he did a horrible job, so..... Now I am not comparing the two but I think hailing Muller as a great coach is a bit premature.
Damn you and your reality. {I was going to venture a similar opinion } Sometimes the chief contribution of the asst. coach is keeping the head coach company on the road.

I feel good about Muller for the same reason I did about Carbo. His last years in Dallas when he'd play a few shifts on an energy line,often with Carbo, if I have the year right, he learnt a different game. They seemed to 'get it', know how to maximize a shift. He went downhill fast in the mid to late 90's but finished up as a solid contributor. I think that bodes well for him as a coach, like I do with Carbo.

How this translates to team success, no idea. I like the guy though, so I'm happy. As for faceoffs, well Jarvis was no slouch, all we can hope is that these guys continue to develop.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote