View Single Post
Old
01-18-2013, 12:18 PM
Pie O My

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp13 View Post
Just so I'm on board, the point of this thread is to set unrealistically low expectations for the player so we don't have to deal with constant critiques if/when he struggles right?

So this is why so many of you have decided that one of the best defensive prospects in recent memory, with extra time in Junior, a ton of international experience, playing for a tremendous defensive mind, on a team with the league's best defensive defenseman, in front of one of the league's best goalies, is bound to be a fringe/lousy NHL d-man in his rookie year right?

I get that newbie criticisms are annoying and we want to preempt them, but this board has taken sandbagging to a new level. This kid is the best defensive prospect we've had around here since Kluzak. He better damn well not remind anyone of Joe Corvo beyond the month or so it takes him to acclimate.

Note: Cue the "Dude you better control your expectations. He's likely to take the ice wearing his skateguards for the first 3-4 months, and you better be okay with that!!!" posts.
i take it you don't remember Kluzak's 1st year. Sounds like If this kid has a Kluzak like rookie campaign you'll be all over him.

Pie O My is offline   Reply With Quote