View Single Post
Old
01-18-2013, 12:53 PM
OlTimeHockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney the Kidney View Post
Perhaps Eaton before injuries and age caught up to him. Pens fans were hoping he'd become Scuderi II. So he's that type (perhaps not EXACTLY, but that type) of defenseman.

Let there be no mistake, Brian Strait will likely never be a star. He probably won't ever be a top four blueliner. But I believe he's got the ability to play solid minutes on a team's bottom pairing (or be the defensive conscience on a team's second pairing) for a long time.

If you're looking for offense, or if you're looking for the big hit, or the nasty crease clearer, you're out of luck. But if you simply want someone who is positionally strong, and can give you safe and steady performance in the defensive zone, Strait's your man.
I honestly like the pickup, but hate the glut now. We have a few smart defenders, a few offensive weapon defenders and a limited physical presence. Not bad.....now can we have a trade to bring in a prime time defenseman?

We have too many forwards, so maybe a 3 for 1 for a solid 2nd or first line winger?

The moves made make for a good Bridgeport team, which serves our prospects very well, ESPECIALLY since we're not gonna rush them up for looksie's as is Islander tradition and as some fans cry over. We finally seem patient.

And Aucoin might be the best pickup we've had in a long time if he leads Bridgeport like I think he can. (being serious)

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote