View Single Post
Old
01-18-2013, 12:55 PM
RobertKron

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grub View Post
Honestly if he does this just don't draft players anymore.

At some point you have to reward your prospects for their accomplishment. If you're playing Ebbett who clearly was outplayed just for the sake of waiver wire's etc, then that's just unfair.
Fair doesn't matter. If they lose Ebbett, they basically leave themselves with nobody in the system that can come up and realistically play anywhere but the fourth line. Given how hurt this team is already, that's a huge hole, and a big problem.

I'd imagine that they're going to wait until the last second, and hope that someone gets waiver exposed by another team that will effectively protect whoever they want to send down. If that doesn't happen, they'll send down Schroeder. I'd be shocked if this situation won't be explained to him. This type of decision gets made all the time at training camp time. It sucks, but it's why GM isn't an easy job. If they were simply deciding if they wanted to cut Schroeder or not, he'd be gone with the other cuts.

I'd also imagine that the depth issue if of particular concern this year, given how few of the Canucks have actually played a real game so far. There will likely be injuries.

Last edited by RobertKron: 01-18-2013 at 01:00 PM.