Thread: Confirmed Signing with Link: St. Louis Signs Wade Redden [1 Year/$800,000]
View Single Post
Old
01-18-2013, 01:01 PM
Halak Ness Monster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimzey59 View Post
Russell did look good; next to Polak. They compliment each other to a tee.

The entire reason we're even discussing Cole or Redden next to Pietrangelo is to keep our 2nd and 3rd pairings(which may be the best in the League) intact.

Hitch has already said publicly that Cole can't handle playing against top players; hence bringing in White on a PTO and now signing Redden. I know Cole has a lot of fans; but Hitch apparently isn't one of them and people need to come to grips with that fact.
I'm just going to say it again, we're in trouble if Wade Redden is playing on our top pairing with Alex Pietrangelo.

And Polak-Jackman was one of our better defensive pairings last year. They shut down other teams top lines. I'd be surprised if any coach sacrifices the top pairing to save the 2nd and 3rd pairing.

BTW, where did Hitch say that about Cole? The only thing I've seen from him on Cole was high praise while he was in the AHL this year. Plus IIRC Cole was scrimmaging with Pietrangelo yesterday.

Halak Ness Monster is offline   Reply With Quote