Thread: Pavel Bure
View Single Post
Old
12-12-2003, 10:37 PM
Barnaby

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666
I know full well that Pavel played well with the Rangers, in fact he along with Rucinsky are the only 2 players in recent years that have played better here than expected.

Pavel scored 30 goals in 50 games.

This team doesn't need the scoring, they need a player that can help keep the puck out of the net. They need stability, they need to know that all 5 guys on the ice will get back into their own zone to help play defence.

Pavel cannot provide them with that knowledge because he doesn't backcheck into his own defensive zone.

Additionally Pavel Bure today is to fragile to play any significant minutes and he's to talented to play 3rd line minutes there's no fit on this team for him.

Hopefully he plays in the NHL again, just not with the Rangers.
I realize what your going for, but thats an ignorant statement if Iv'e ever seen one. Pavel Bure is one of the most gifted goal scorers in the last twenty years. When Bure was healthy he was easily one of our top 5 players in any game he played in, and usually he was one of the top 2-3 players. Saying he would hurt the team is a joke. Assuming he is healthy he can kill penalties and is a constant threat on the PP and PK. As much as I like Kovalev he's a borderline All star on the Rangers. Bure is a superstar. Just knowing hes on the ice hurts the other teams offense because they have to be aware of him at all times. Very few offensive players command the respect of Bure. Will he ever win the Selke trophy? No. But, when he was here he was usually solid defensively, and I even remember him chasing people down from behind. If the guy gives you 40 goals, and makes the players around him better you dont complain, you celebrate. And oh yea, here is a guy that works his @ss off. Let's not forget he loves to play in NY and he wanted to come here for the longest time. Unlike, Bobby "I wish I was still a Devil" Holik and Eric "I want Toronto" Lindros. Here is a guy that wants to be here and is electrifyng. If his knee is even decent and he skates on the ice tomorrow for the NYR then watch as they finally make the playoffs.