View Single Post
Old
01-18-2013, 02:24 PM
OCTA8ON

vCash: 500
I say, if 2 out of the 3 players listed below play exceedingly well, then we trade Jordan Schmaltz, Ty Rattie, and D'agistini for a serious defensive partner for Petro.

1. Stewart
2. Tarasenko
3. Schwartz

My reasoning for this is: It is hard to tell how Rattie will transition into the NHL. There are so many players that do well in the WHL and don't pan out at all in the NHL. Take Scott Nichol for instance. Do you guys realize that he had 93 points in 65 games with the Portland Winterhawks back in the day? I understand that the game has changed a lot since then, but my point still stands. Just because Rattie produces a lot in the WHL doesn't have as much certainty in the NHL, but right now he has a higher market value than before since putting up more points in the WHL and playing pretty well in the WJC.

Also, when I saw Jordan Schmaltz get drafted, he didn't seem very excited to get drafted by our organization. He reiterated several times that he grew up as a blackhawks fan. I just sense that he would rather be somewhere else, and that is not really an attitude any of our prospects should have. We can trade Schmaltz, Rattie, and D'agistini for a left handed Dman that can put up 25+ points with a high plus minus.