View Single Post
Old
01-18-2013, 02:25 PM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by onebighockeyfan View Post
Your are picking and choosing now. Many proven D make much less than what Subban is asking for.
You're correct. I was picking and choosing - Habs' d-men past and present. I look at supply and demand on a league wide basis and on a team by team basis. On this team if Josh Gorges is worth 3.9 / yr. for six years and a NTC then Subban is worth at least 5 mil. I admit I am biased when it comes to multi dimensional d-men. PK can hit. PK can play D. PK can move the puck. PK can shoot. Gorge does about one of those. I'm not trying to take anything away from Gorges but what exactly did he prove. His name surfaced league wide after the 2009 - 2010 playoffs. He missed half of the 2010 - 2011 season.

IDK, I don't care if PK is a UFA, RFA or UFO (laugh) I think he's worth more than Gorges' almost 4 mil by a longshot. So that easily puts him in the 5 mil or 6 mil range I guess.

Look at Kaberle? The Habs' acquired that contract for an offensive, super soft d-man. They handed Markov a contract earned by riding the infirmary.

I guess if I am PK's agent I'm maybe pointing those things out.

I thought I saw this comment different times "what has PK done in two years". My answer to that is more than Markov, Kaberle and Gorges combined.