View Single Post
Old
01-18-2013, 02:37 PM
TheOrganist
Don't Call Him Alex

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alklha View Post
I don't doubt that you read it, but I would think the context would have been completely ripped out of the statement you read.

I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if Hitchcock commented on the fact that it is far from ideal to be throwing a player with such little NHL experience in against the top lines. That is a lot to ask of a player and you are never sure if they are ready until they show it.

There is no way in the world I see him coming out before the season starts and saying he doesn't think one of his players is capable. That kind of management loses dressing rooms, whether the other players agree with the statement or not.
True. It's the reason why I found the quote so damning as far as Cole's prospects are concerned and why I probably overreacted to the Redden signing.

Everything pointed towards Hitchcock admiring Cole's work ethic during the time when he wasn't playing during the playoffs and the good word he had done with Brad Shaw after practice.

It seemed nearly everyone thought Cole would be ready to step into a much bigger role in 2012-13. And then I read that quote. And then we signed Redden.

Nevertheless, I like Cole and I hope he takes advantage of the situation.

TheOrganist is online now   Reply With Quote