View Single Post
Old
01-18-2013, 02:51 PM
legionista

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirinho View Post
is there any good polish prospect who is playing in some good league and is dominating?

in czech youth league for Chomutov Pirates is playing Alan Lyszczarczyk and he's currently 4th in points ... I've seen him few times and he's very talented ... smart move by him to play here

he'll be polish Kopitar or Vanek one day
I would say there already was a Polish Kopitar, that was Mariusz Czerkawski.

I would say currently based on the latest U-18 and U-20 WC, there really hasn't been any super stars.

Kacper Guzik was voted best player of the last Div. 1B WC, he had 11pts in 5 games and Poland got promoted to Div. 1A for next year. He's 19 now though and will have to find his way onto the senior squad next year.
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=35305

Damian Kapica is another young talented player, however he's never been tested in North America and is 20 now doing pretty well in the Polish League.
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=20417

The problem with young Polish hockey players is that only now is the developmental system starting to focus more on the youth. Most of the academies and youth programs have been neglected for a very long time, therefore not letting talent develop to their full potential. Many of these young players lack ambition to leave their country and pursue their career in a country where hockey is more developed and there's more competition.

Now with a new president of the Polish hockey federation and newly hired highly renowned Russian coaches and consultants (Parfionov, Bykov, etc.) things are starting to look much brighter for hockey in Poland and it's development of young players. Hopefully in the next 10-15 years there will be many more NHL'ers coming out of Poland.

legionista is offline   Reply With Quote