View Single Post
Old
01-18-2013, 03:27 PM
petrocelli
I love the Draft!!

vCash: 500
Our defense: who dresses and depth chart

So with all these waiver pickups and the Visnosky situation, what does the depth chart look like now with/without Visnovsky and who dresses for the opener tomorrow night?? Here's my crack at it:

Opening night vs. Devils:

Streit Martinek

McDonald Hamonic

Hickey Carkner

Scratches: Strait and Finley

** As it stands now, I see Strait as our #7 D-man and Finley only playing if Carkner gets hurt. We can't afford two of our six D-men to be fighters, but if Carkner gets hurt, Finley can play his role until Carkner comes back. If Carkner is healthy, Finley eventually goes to Bridgeport when we can actually send him there without him having to clear waivers again.

If Visnovsky comes back:

Streit Hamonic

Visnovsky McDonald

Martinek Carkner

Scratches: Hickey and Strait (Finley in Bridgeport)...

** Hickey is scratched until someone gets hurt. Being Martinek is in the lineup, that should take all of 2 games. The Isles always go through 8 or 9 D-men easily, so I expect our 7th and 8th D-men (Hickey and Strait) to see alot of time.

If you want to look at it purely as a depth chart:

1. Streit
2. Hamonic
3. Visnovsky
4. McDonald
5. Carkner

6. Martinek

7. Hickey
8. Strait

9. Finley (strictly used if Carkner gets hurt). Consider him Carkner's backup.

The guy who seems like the odd man out this year in all of this is Matt Donovan. I think we all saw him as a lock to make the team a few weeks ago. I guess they decided even before the lockout was settled that he isn't ready yet and needs a full season in Bridgeport.

The crazy thing is once Finley and perhaps Strait end up in Bridgeport, and then the junior league seasons end, Kichton, Pelech and perhaps Pedan will all be eligible to sign contracts and perhaps join Bridgeport for the playoff run. What the Bridgeport blueline looks like by the end of the season is beyond me.

petrocelli is offline   Reply With Quote