View Single Post
Old
01-18-2013, 03:29 PM
Ryker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meandmyself View Post
Because he is a right handed winger? They only have Brian Giontra in their top 6 forwards who is right handed.
Oh OK, I didn't know that. But just to make it clear, I wasn't saying that'd be the only reason, but it seems to me it could play a significant role.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dookie88 View Post
It's pretty obvious they want to appeal more to right-handed people.
Yeah, I know, it's easy to make what I suggested sound ridiculous, since of course no one would ever do that. We all know it's just about passion for hockey. But I've seen plenty of threads on the marketability of PK Subban and him being black was one of the reasons for why people thought they could market him even better. I remember, for example, a show on captains that I think the NHL Network produced a couple of years ago, and when it was time to have Iginla on, a chunk of the show focused on his race and the role it played for the young kids to see him in the NHL.

I'm not saying I'm right, but I don't think it's anywhere near ridiculous to think this could be a significant reason for them asking that. You can carry on with the sarcasm, though.