View Single Post
Old
01-18-2013, 03:40 PM
Stats01

vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
Both good moves IMHO. I don't think they need to go too hard on Luongo. I've seen impressive moments from all of Riemer, Scrivens, and Rynnas. Not that you can say any of them are ready now to be big time NHL starters or anything. But they're legit prospects in goal, at least. And the team is rolling in money all the time anyway, so if there's ever a team that really doesn't need to reach for success in a 48-game half-season, the Leafs are probably that. Expectations are not high. Backstrom, Howard, Smith... there are a cast of potential free agent goalies coming. If you don't absolutely need to chain yourself to Luongo's lengthy contract and give up young assets in the process, don't do it. Sadly, Leafs seem to recognize this.

And Rielly is another guy who is just flat out not ready at 18. And also showed below expectations at the WJC, hey! It's smart SOP to let him continue to play in junior.
His skating and passing is already at an NHL level according to Carlyle but he's just a pup, he's only 18, physically he needs to get bigger. Some of my fellow Leaf fans wanted him kept on the team but we all saw what happened to Schenn when you rush a kid after having a great camp. I don't understand why people want prospects rushed so much. Kadri was drafted in 09 and he's just now getting his first real shot on the big club. It takes time. Rielly is going to be a special player for us, it's just going to take a couple of years.