View Single Post
Old
01-18-2013, 04:08 PM
redbull
manage the *uck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney the Kidney View Post
Strait's NHL-ready. He's ready to handle bottom pairing minutes now, so I'd be surprised if he's not on the Isles opening day roster.

I think folks are going to be pleasantly surprised with him. He's not going to wow you at all. He's just safe and solid in his own zone. I know it's just AHL, but he and Bortuzzo have been the Baby Pens shutdown duo for the past couple of seasons. He's good at that aspect of hockey.
Strait's an NHLer, there's no doubt about it.
Many of us respect your opinions STK, this is good to hear.

If Strait can be along the lines of Hillen, Eaton, Reese - or maybe better, then why are we complaining. I always liked Dennis Vaske for example, one of those unheralded players who did his job, was tough to play against and could eat up minutes and not scare you to death (like most Isles defenders before we started with the Martinek addition this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchy22 View Post

It's pretty obvious that we have a GM who is operating under a very strict payroll. We're literally throwing every waiver wire pickup at the squad to see what will stick. I bet we're also hoping that we'll be able to sneak at least one through to Bridgeport a few weeks into the season.
THIS.

Again, I don't expect any of these waiver claims to play more than a handful of games. They are depth for Bridgeport. But, if they make the NHL and play solid minutes, I'm more than happy. It's not like these guys are expected to be impact players.

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote