Thread: Starting Lineup
View Single Post
Old
01-18-2013, 04:30 PM
The Frugal Gourmet

vCash: 500
Man, I say there's no way you put a guy who's been hot in the AHL over the NHL's 11th best goal scorer. I don't care if he has chemistry with Eakin or not.

If he looks great, fantastic. You consider moving him up.

And Fiddler/Nystrom/Morrow, I predict, will be fine for now. Realize that Fiddler/Nystrom -- other than Benn -- faced the highest average quality of opponent last season and Fiddler logged the most penalty kill time. Their stats weren't great, but they weren't great against absolute quality players. You don't throw the kids to the wolves quite yet. They'll have a chance to show their stuff. It's only a starting lineup.

Morrow? Who knows. It's a make or break year for him. He could be done but I could also see him come back a little with a nice long offseason.

And I think the forward depth -- with Benn -- will be just fine for now. Maybe a little soft, but it can be addressed. That's why you give a little leeway to potential has-beens like Morrow. If he's got something left... well... it might be useful. We need some bodies front of that net w/ this lineup.

Last edited by The Frugal Gourmet: 01-18-2013 at 04:45 PM.
The Frugal Gourmet is offline   Reply With Quote