View Single Post
Old
01-18-2013, 05:08 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Quick someone start a petition to bring back Sunshine.

At one point he was our top prospect, and he's only continued his success.

In all seriousness though, we kind of need him. Hovinen has made himself official as a flop. Heeter is marginal. Stolarz is raw as ****. We're the only organization that would throw away a upper-end prospect at a position of need. I don't care if he's not quite bluechip.
Stolarz is going to a fantastic program in London. He's going to get extensive one on one time with Bill Dark, one of the premier goaltending coaches in junior hockey. Stolarz's flaws are very correctable. More important, he's going to get A LOT of playing time in London. Stolarz is going to be fine.

Yes, I do think we should have Eriksson in the pipe line though. There was talk that he demanded a contract from the Flyers and the opportunity to play for the starter's position in Philadelphia, but I don't ever remember reading anywhere where Eriksson made those demands. The only thing that I remember reading was that Eriksson was really excited to come to North America to compete. I still have hopes that after the Hovinen flop that the Flyers will look at signing Eriksson.