View Single Post
Old
01-18-2013, 06:09 PM
Ollie Queen
After 5 years...

vCash: 500
I love to fantasize about how our team is so tight knit, Torts has the guys respect and NY is a great place to play, especially when the team is good, and thus guys like Gabby are going to be willing to take slight paycuts to sign deals that pretty much keep them here until they're done, or almost done, in the NHL, but it does scare me when I think about the future of this particular roster and it not being together forever. These past few years has been the most I've liked our team head to toe in my mature life as a fan. Obviously, there are great players and combinations that standout from my childhood, and obviously the '94 team, but I was 9 for that. This team, starting around when Staal came into the league, has been developing into a roster that I am just in love with. It would be a dream come true if some of these guys took some hometown discounts to keep the band together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess What View Post
Nearing go time everyone. I think our team is good enough the way it is. We have an optimal team IMO.
Mostly agree. Could we use a slightly better third line winger than Pyatt? Sure. I think Pyatt's gonna be pretty good, but an upgrade would obviously make us deeper. Do I love Asham? No, I would have loved if we could have kept Pruster for Asham's money. Would I like an upgrade over Bickel? Absolutely, I wish Sauer was healthy (imagine this exact roster with Sauer at 100% in Bickel's spot... dirty), but he'll improve and hopefully it will be enough to play a bit more minutes in key situations. Overall though, these are very minor tweaks and this team is absolutely as close to the real deal as it can get, IMO.

Last edited by Ollie Queen: 01-18-2013 at 06:17 PM.