View Single Post
Old
01-18-2013, 05:54 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 844
Today, some of my closest fellow co-workers had to say goodbye to a wonderful woman. Our dearly departed friend passed away last Saturday, 1/12/13, and today we had our chance to say goodbye. Our friend was truly a remarkable woman, and the funeral services were truly touching and a great way for us to grieve, as we had since last week, but also to celebrate her life.

As I'm typing this I'm fighting back tears, having to work through them...she was taken from the world too early. She was a survivor of Cancer, before it returned and she began "Round 2". Even though she lost the battle on Earth, I know that she won in the end. No more Chemo treatments, no more worrying if it will come back, no more surgeries.

Even though I only knew her for a short period of time, she quickly became a good friend, and the friendship grew stronger when her and I realized that she had also known my girlfriend for several years.

Goodbye Gisel, we love you, and we can't wait to see you again soon!

Last edited by RockLobster: 01-19-2013 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Emotions got to me, had to correct the timeline and clarify what yesterday actually was