Old
01-18-2013, 07:06 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Thank you Mr. I, RIP

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by golffuul View Post
Detroit overpaying with that one.

I wouldn't give more than one of Quincey/Kindl, one of Andersson/Nyquist/Pare, and 3rd rounder. That's a top 4 d-man..an A prospect and a 3rd rounder in 2013 or a 2nd in 2014.
I don't think that is overpayment at all, it is close to the package I think will be realistically offered, but would also understand the Jets turning it down.

Quincey played for team Canada at the WC and has been a top 4 d-man in the league for a little while now. Detroit fans hurt his own value around here like they do Franzen he is not a throw in and went for a first round pick not 12 months ago in a RFA year.

Andersson, Nyquist and Pare are not like prospects so that doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Andersson and Pare are not A prospects.

It would have to be Tatar/Nyquist/Jurco (although his transition to the AHL has likely knocked him out of that grouping)

The 1st pick in the 2013 draft is a big deal, this year reminds me of 03. Part of why I am okay with the Wings letting this play out this season, I don't want an overreaction from Holland if they struggle, promote the kids and keep the pick, not desperately reach for season 22 straight in the playoffs and hurt the team in the long run.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote