Old
01-18-2013, 06:16 PM
cybresabre
Crabby Seer

vCash: 632
Send a message via ICQ to cybresabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Paxon View Post
Tiny sample size (2 games); could have just been bad match-ups for him. However, he's far from a great faceoff man at that level so there's no reason to expect him to come in and be great at faceoffs in the NHL. My hope is that he's OK enough to take most draws, with Ott taking key / defensive zone draws. Ott is probably the best faceoff man on the team right now so it'd be silly not to take advantage of him.
Oh, it absolutely is a tiny sample size, but that was basically my point. I don't have his WJC stats, but if he looked good at the dot, it was likely an aberration because he's been very average in junior. He checks in at 51.33% this year and 50.57% last year*.

I do have his WJC faceoff stats now, but don't want to rewrite the above. It looks like he was ranked #29 (among guys with double digit wins) at 48.51%.

Ott's by far the best bet on our team and Daz28 made it clear he was merely speculating for conversation because of the faceoffs he saw Grigs take.

*At his current rate of improvement (.76 percentage points per year) he'll be invincible at the dot when he's 82 years old!

cybresabre is offline   Reply With Quote