Old
01-18-2013, 07:33 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
I know this probably a joke but.....
Dear god no! With the new rules in the CBA that contract is terrible.
Yeah that is the problem with it. You people should look up the rules and Franzen's contract. The guy is a thrity goal scorer with a 3.95 cap hit, plus most of his big money years are already falling off the table, so even if he walked out on you for the last two years at this point his cap penalty would probably be at 3 million to that team and the 5 million to the Wings.

Amazed at the amount of people scared at his contract. Also kind of surprised at the amount of people that think we will actually get to this outcome with a lot of players. I think a lot of these deals are going end up with the player on LTIR at the end of their contract. Lets be honest how many of these guys can truly pass a third party physical late in their career. Franzen actually came over pretty late and I think he will play out his contract anyway, but if you don't like him when he is 39 and he does want to leave flunk his back or knee or something I think we will see a lot of that. Sure the NHL will challenge, but with a lot of these guys the third party doctor is going to agree that there are long-term risks to continue playing and damage is there.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote