View Single Post
Old
01-18-2013, 07:50 PM
Deuce Awesome

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcaulks View Post
I think the Leafs are better of going the Oiler route, but that would actually include moving guys like Lupul. They have no need for a #1 goalie unless making the playoffs is a goal. I'd say the goal is finish bottom 5 and not the former.

What is actually funny is anyone speaking for an entire fanbase. The only thing all Leafs fans have in common is they are Leafs fans.
Of course I can't speak for the entire fanbase, but based on the talk out of the toronto based sports programs (and there are plenty) is that the "patient, not trading away young players" approach of Dave Nonis has been met with a sigh of relief.

Burke tried his "rebuild on the fly" method, which was questioned by a lot of fans to start with, and it did not work out.

Toronto has needed a proper rebuild for the better part of a decade, and it was ignored by management who thought they could just keep going in a salary cap era the way they did prior, and it hasn't worked.

Starting Ben Scrivens in net says that this is a young team with no expectations on them.

Starting Luongo at the cost of Gardiner/Kadri is just more of the perennial 9th place finishing team that we have gotten used to.