Old
01-18-2013, 07:16 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
I can see that, I did think he might sign before the CBA, didn't think that with Perry. Like I said I still expect him to stay in Anaheim, but they should do their best to resolve this in a hurry, him taking even one meeting with another team is something they cannot allow. I also would not expect them to give him up at the deadline. As long as it didn't happen to the Wings though, I would love to watch Getzlaf troll some team as rental and then sign with Anaheim after getting them more assets. The good ole Keith Tkachuk move, if it happened to Toronto after as often as they claim him their guy in the future it would be pretty funny.
Getzlaf, I feel pretty confident will sign. The terms, I haven't got the slightest clue. I actually think he is the type to take a bit of a discount too, though we're not talking anything major.

Perry is just an unknown. He's always kept to himself, and been a pretty private person. On one hand, that could be to Anaheim's advantage, because he can have that privacy if he stays, but the Ducks aren't the only team that can offer him that. The most encouraging thing is that, prior to Bobby Ryan being signed, Getzlaf and Perry both assured him that they planned to stick around. Of course, things can change, and Perry may just want a new start on a different team, or to cash in with a deal that Anaheim might hesitate to give him. Who knows with him?

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote