View Single Post
Old
01-18-2013, 07:28 PM
spicy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigplay41 View Post
Do you pay 13K a year for season tickets?
i have 2 seats in 316, and we have suite tickets within our family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gm0ney View Post
While I sympathize with the "quit your whining" crowd, I don't think the fact that TNSE has brought the NHL back to Winnipeg gives them carte blanche to nickel and dime everyone on idiotic fees.

Sure, Chipman opened up his (and Thomson's) wallet to the tune of $170 million, but 13000 opened up their considerably smaller wallets to the tune of $500 - $1000 per seat for a deposit (i.e. an interest free loan). They also pay one of the highest average ticket prices in the NHL. There wasn't a lot of complaining though - you have to pay to play in the bigs, right? I mean, we yell out "True North" during the anthem...we're grateful, ok?

But I don't think it's unreasonable that a STH would be upset that they were losing something of value (nice printed ticket books you could split up with a STH group) - and not only that, but the prospect of being charged $2.50 to do something that used to cost nothing (handing out tickets). As I've said about 3 times before in this thread, that adds up to about $175/year in fees if you've got a group of 4 sharing 2 seats. Also, those fees are ridiculous in the first place. The concession stand might as well charge $2.50 to put your popcorn in a bag or your beer in a cup - in fact the profit margin on the ticket printing and forwarding "convenience fee" is probably even higher.
fair enough, and well said. Wasnt the 2.50 charge already worked into the ticket prices last year, and was it not deducted off the electronic cards for this year? This was my assumption. If not, then shame on TNSE, but they have corrected it. And i stand by my prior statement saying if you did have an issue with the way they did things, to be vocal about it to the rep you speak to, but also remain calm and dont jump to rash decisions (like the guy who wants to get rid of his tickets). If enough level headed individuals voice their concerns, things will be looked at, and dealt with accordingly.

TNSE has come too far and made too many right business decisions to make too many bone headed ones.

Either way, if the charges did go through, $2.50 per each reprinted ticket isnt something worth getting rid of your season tickets about, or tossing in the towel on the team either.

People are still hot and bothered about the lockout, and rightly so. But to blame it on the team, the franchise, or anything else here is ridiculous. There were many other factors to blame, and to lose your marbles about a fee that ended up being waived anyways is the most ridiculously absurd notion.

Last edited by spicy: 01-18-2013 at 07:38 PM.
spicy is offline   Reply With Quote