View Single Post
Old
01-18-2013, 08:38 PM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Well, like I mentioned, there's been conflicting reports. I've heard 2years, 4years, 5years, 8years.

The one factual comment we got from someone actually involved in there came from the mouth of Perno, assistant of Meehan. He said (as of January 8th), that a 3-4 year deal seems to be very possible.
Keep in mind... Meehan's a shark. Actually he's THE shark.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
http://www.journaldemontreal.com/201...-de-quatre-ans

Since then, I've heard all kinds of stuff but none of it was official as the words of Perno.

And from what Bobby Mac tweeted on Bergevin being strong on the 2year deal, I'm starting to believe this negotiation is a lot more about Bergevin being stubborn as a rookie GM that wants to establish a rep, more than an actual logical negotiation. I can be wrong, but it's the impression I'm getting.
I think you have to look at Meehan's history. This stuff doesn't happen much in the NHL anymore but when it does, it's Meehan's clients. Look at the crazy Doughty contract...

That's fine, it's his job. But this is right out of his playbook. I'm sure Bergevin wants to sign the guy, I'm also sure that Meehan's making things as difficult as possible. I knew that this was going to be a problem as soon as I heard Meehan's name.