View Single Post
Old
01-18-2013, 08:58 PM
Ronning On Empty
Formerly BleachClean

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
No, what is funny is the thought that a deal was done for Gillis' price...got shot down, and you are left with no other offer. Am i bothered he snubbed TO...sure. Am i bothered the deal at that price didn't happen...Hell no.

One more question for Bleach, if we are to believe Galager...does that make Luongo dishonest when he continually says "Mike has not approached me with anything"?

How do you know there are no other offers on the table?

Yes, it does make Luongo dishonest. But what's worse for Luongo? Coming out and saying he nixed a trade to TOR or playing it off like he doesn't know anything? If Luongo comes out and says it's FLA or bust, what does that do to Gillis's negotiating position with Tallon? So the choice becomes to say something and weaken their position or say nothing and let Gillis work. Easy call IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
Read your post again. You said "Galager reported Gillis'price was met at the draft".

I don't want that related to the 5th overall + Gardiner + Frattin + Bozak asking price, is what I'm saying. Meant to say a deal was consummated between the two parties, for whatever it was, but was delayed due to Luongo. So that's not on Gillis. This asking price being too high narrative is directly addressed by Gallagher here.