View Single Post
Old
01-18-2013, 09:05 PM
BrunoPuntzJones
Biscuit Scorer

vCash: 500
Are people really upset about losing Jake Muzzin?

I mean, Strait seems like a fine player, but I don't think anyone here includes them in their "our defensive pairings in 2-4 years" charts. (Funny how he's about to become a shutdown stud suddenly.) He wasn't going to net anything significant in a trade on his own and he wasn't going to be the piece that swung a larger deal for Pittsburgh. If the Penguins' front office thinks he's even with or slightly better than Lovejoy, their contracts probably made the decision. Why pay Lovejoy a full NHL salary to play in Wilkes-Barre?.

I think the Islanders are going to see which of their waiver pickups fit in best in their thin defensive unit while the Visnovsky situation plays out and probably waive one or two relatively soon. (I'm not sure of Ty Wishart's waiver status but he could be a candidate, too.) They only have five proven NHL defensemen on the roster (excluding Visnovsky) and it's almost a given that Radek Martinek misses significant time, so they may wind up needing these guys. I think there's a chance the Penguins can reacquire Straight, though.

Even if they do, did he really have a future here? I wouldn't have been surprised if they didn't bring him back after this year anyway.

Last edited by BrunoPuntzJones: 01-18-2013 at 09:17 PM.
BrunoPuntzJones is offline   Reply With Quote