View Single Post
Old
01-18-2013, 09:19 PM
MS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
I don't get the knocks on Volpatti. He's the toughest guy in the organization and he's proven to be a decent fourth liner who can add grit, decent defensive play and not embarrass himself or the team taking a regular shift.

Barker on the other hand makes absolutely no sense to me, especially with a much better NHL player in Vandermeer on the roster making him largely redundant.
When did he prove any of this?

I agree he's a good fighter who adds some toughness.

But in terms of playing ability, he's pretty awful. Disagree that he's decent defensively and his skills are marginal as can be even at the AHL level - 2 goals in 53 games during his last season there.

On top of that, he hasn't played a meaningful game in over a year and should probably be in the AHL either way just to get back up to speed after a serious injury.

A couple seasons ago when we had no toughness whatsoever, sure, he was kinda worth a look. But we're already playing Kassian and Weise every night, and carrying a guy like this as a depth forward is just a waste of space.

Agreed completely on Barker. Why we're carrying 9 defenders so we can carry this lump of crap is a mystery for the ages.