View Single Post
Old
06-20-2006, 06:17 PM
SuperUnknown

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett
Alain is not the same coach he was back in montreal.

Remember, AV was a very young man in coach's terms when he was hired. Alain hired Dave King who was assistant coach and the habs pretty much played king's style. I often wondered whose team it really was especially early on. It looked more like a head coahing tandem than anything else. Anyways, I digress.

AV is more of the kind of coach that adjusts his system according to the players that he is given. He was forced to play the stifling defensive system in montreal especially that year where we set the record for injuries and we STILL came one game away from making the playoffs.

In 1998, when AV had a half decent team, he took them them to the 2nd round of the playoffs where Hasek took over. The habs shut down Jagr by using a special line against him which included a 3rd D-man on the foarward line in Zarley Zalapski who was on Jagr at all times. I thought it was a very creative move which was one of the key reasons we won that series.

AV has been mauled by bad luck, bad managent above him, and very key injuiries in Montreal. Its about time he got a 2nd chance and he will be fine
What they used in 1998 against Jagr was the Left-wing lock. It was invented by Dave King.

I wasn't impressed by what he did in PEI with the Rocket.

SuperUnknown is offline   Reply With Quote